A Hells Angel bikie has been fined $800 for a violent public fight with murdered former Rebels gang boss, Nick Martin.
Key points:

  • The fight came two weeks before Nick Martin was shot dead in Kwinana
  • CCTV footage shows Brajkovich repeatedly punching Martin
  • Brajkovich felt threatened and it was “fight or flight”, his lawyer said

Security was tight and there was a heavy police presence in the Perth Magistrates Court for the appearance of Dayne Brajkovich on a charge of “fighting in public in circumstances likely to cause fear”.
The daytime violence, at a busy Scarborough bar on November 24, came two weeks before Martin was shot dead in front of members of the public at the Perth Motorplex in Kwinana in what may have been a sniper attack.
The November fight was captured on CCTV cameras, with the footage showing Brajkovich and Martin greeting each other with a handshake.
But moments later the violence erupted, with Brajkovich repeatedly punching Martin, who at one point crashed into tables as other patrons fled the scene.
Brajkovich’s lawyer told the court his client felt threatened and “unfortunately” chose to fight.(ABC News)
Today Brajkovich’s lawyer, Patrick Gardner told the court his client was having lunch at the bar when Martin, who he referred to as “the other gentleman”, entered and there was a “short verbal exchange”.
He described Martin as quite large 193 centimetres tall and weighing 120 kilograms and said Brajkovich felt threatened and asked him to leave, but that did not occur.
“There was a further verbal exchange. My client felt threatened. It was fight or flight and he unfortunately chose to fight,” he said.
Brajkovich seeing psychologist: lawyer
Mr Gardner said nobody was seriously injured but his client now accepted that what took place should not have happened.
Martin was shot dead at the Perth Motorplex in Kwinana on Saturday night.(Source: Facebook)
He told the court Brajkovich was already seeing a psychologist and he was not going to seek anger management counselling.
Mr Gardner also said his client was now going to be subject to an order banning him from licensed premises.
Magistrate Donna Webb said the public would have found the fight “quite a frightening thing to experience”, and noted that in June Brajkovich was convicted of the crime of “being in armed, or pretending to be armed, in public, in a way that causes fear”.
Brajkovich did not make any comment as he left the court after being fined.(ABC News)
But she took into account the fact Brajkoivch had pleaded guilty at his very first court appearance in deciding that an $800 fine was appropriate.
Brajkovich was also ordered to pay $130 in court costs.
He made no comment as he left the court.
The State Government has offered a $1 million reward for information that leads to the conviction of the person responsible for Martin’s murder.
Police forensic officers gathered evidence at the Perth Motorplex as part of the investigation into Martin’s murder.(ABC News: Hugh Sando)